Space Oddity

I found a link to this YouTube video on Le Clown’s post today. Call it the world’s most expensive music video, ever—the special effects budget was low but the location fees were out of this world. Canadian astronaut, Chris Hadfield, performs David Bowie’s classic, Space Oddity, aboard the International Space Station. Enjoy.

Safe at Home

I stood outside my house, lunchbox in hand, waiting for Harry to stop and pick me up for the ride to work. It was 7 AM on Thursday, July 24, 1969 and today marked one day shy of a year from when we first met, and our relationship had strengthened and grown in the intervening…

Phoneography Challenge: Black and White

The subject of this week’s Phoneography Challenge is Black and White and my entry is a recent photo taken at the Marin County Civic Center.

Marin County Civic Center Photo © Allan G. Smorra, All Rights Reserved

Marin County Civic Center
Photo © Allan G. Smorra, All Rights Reserved

Photo Notes: iPhone 5 camera, CameraBoost app, edited in CameraBag2.

phoneography challenge badge

Ese’s Weekly Shoot and Quote Challenge – Obsession

“Obsessions and fixations are not really my field. All I know, when the mind really grabs hold of something, look out.” —Martin Sage and Sybil Adelman, Northern Exposure, The Bumpy Road to Love, 1991

In the coming months, I plan to spend a lot more time taking photos at the Marin County Civic Center. You could say that it is an obsession of mine and you would be correct.

MCCC Entrance Photo © Allan G. Smorra, All Rights Reserved

MCCC Entrance
Photo © Allan G. Smorra, All Rights Reserved

Photo Notes: iPhone 5 camera, Camera Boost app, edited in CameraBag2.

Ese’s Weekly Shoot & Quote Challenge – Obsession

Here’s to a long and healthy Life

“Something called the Danish Twin Study established that only about 10 percent of how long the average person lives, within certain biological limits, is dictated by our genes. The other 90 percent is dictated by our lifestyle…” —Dan Buettner Q: Who wants to live to be 100? A: Ask a man who is 99. In…

Weekly Photo Challenge: The Hue of You

“…share a photograph with a prominent color (or assortment of colors) that reveals more about you. It could be a symbolic, meaningful shade; a color that expresses how you currently feel; or a combination of colors that excites you and tells a visual story.” Weekly Photo Challenge: The Hue of You

I gravitate toward blue light and the cool shades of grey.

Blue Light Special Photo © Allan G. Smorra, All Rights Reserved

Blue Light Special
Photo © Allan G. Smorra, All Rights Reserved

Ho-hum or Hum-drum?

I am experimenting with a new photo app on my iPhone, Tangent. Here is the first photo that I have edited with it. What are your thoughts on the results?

Ho-hum or Hum-drum? Photo © Allan G. Smorra, All Rights Reserved

Ho-hum or Hum-drum?
Photo © Allan G. Smorra, All Rights Reserved

Photo Notes: iPhone 5 camera, CameraBoost app, edited in Tangent and EyeEm, framed in CameraBag2.

Ese’s Weekly Shoot & Quote Challenge – Ugly

Ese has challenged us to combine a photo with a related quote on the subject of Ugly.

ugly

Photo © Allan G. Smorra, All Rights Reserved

This is a closeup of the effects of rust in the layers of steel that comprise the rung of a ladder at the Golden Gate Bridge.

Ese’s Weekly Shoot & Quote Challenge – Ugly

Desk Safari!!!

Originally posted on Stephen Kelly Creative:
Just when you thought it couldn’t wackier than Sleeveface, here comes Desk Safari! A craze that’s apparently sweeping the offices and cubicles of Britain, the concept is quite simple: marry your head to the computer image of the body of an animal. While not quite as seamless as Sleeveface,…

Weekly Photo Challenge: Infinite

This week’s photo challenge is to show a glimpse of the Infinite. This is a stairwell at the San Francisco Theological Seminary in San Anselmo, CA. I love the way the balustrade spirals into infinity.

Infinity Photo © Allan G. Smorra, All Rights Reserved

Infinity
Photo © Allan G. Smorra, All Rights Reserved

Photo Notes: iPhone 5 camera, ProHDR app, edited in CameraBag2 app.

WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Infinite

%d bloggers like this: