I started this Blog in December of 2011 and had no idea what to expect of the experience. My first thought was to clear some disk space in my head: to get out those random thoughts, facts, figures, and anecdotes that were clogging the channels and impeding new thoughts and ideas from getting in.
I look at my mind as a lake. If it only has an inlet, sooner or later it will get stagnant, algae will form and the water will become murky. If the lake, my mind, has an inlet and an outlet, a Blog for instance, the water will stay clear. New thoughts, ideas and expressions will replace that which no longer serves a useful purpose.
It took awhile for me to get into the rhythm of blogging and to find my comfort zone with the technology and with the idea of expressing my inner thoughts. A smart guy once said that we should “…strive for progress, not perfection”, and I can do that.
Imagine my surprise when Canoe Communications nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. I am thrilled to receive this award and I hereby thank him for it. This has motivated me to continue to improve my communication skills and to clear out more of the cob webs in my mind.
There are some rules that go along with accepting this award and I will list them here:
- Add the award to your blog
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you
- Mention 7 random things about yourself
- List the rules (these are the rules)
- Pass on the award to 15 bloggers or as many as you reasonably can.
- Inform the newly nominated by commenting on their blogs
Seven random things about me:
- Monkeys give me the creeps.
- If I had it all to do over again I would be a documentary filmmaker.
- I will jump, not dive, off a diving board (I fell headfirst down a flight of stairs when I was 5 years old).
- I have always wanted to own a convertible automobile.
- I do not remember ever seeing my father read a book.
- Catch-22 is my favorite book.
- My dream house would be a Dome.
I will pass this award along to 15 other bloggers, as I find them, so stay tuned to this page for updates.
My nominees for the Versatile Blogger award are:
Some people may not want to go through the nomination process and that does not offend me. My hope is that you will stop by these blogs and see what other folks are doing.